About This Initiative
The only event of its kind in the region, the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s The State of Hispanics – Data Summit is an initiative that highlights the influence and economic impact of the Hispanic community in the region. The event is attended by more than 400 and brings together leaders in the academic, business, government, and civic sectors.
- Dr. Jeronimo Cortina, Associate Director & Associate Professor, Center for Mexican American Studies - University of Houston - Hispanics in Corporate Boards
- Lopez Negrete Communications - Economic Impact of Latinos in Houston
- Pablo Pinto, Director of the Center for Public Policy, Hobby School of Pubic Affairs, University of Houston - Hispanic Impact Summit “The State of Hispanics in Houston”
- Legislative Priorities - HHCC's Legislative Priorities for 2018
- NAFTA White Paper - NAFTA
- DACA White Paper - The Economic Impact of DACA
- Telemundo Presentation - 2017 Hispanic Impact Summmit Data
- Perryman Group Report - DACA Decision Report
- Forbes Magazine - Harvey Houston Article
- Houston Hispanics currently spend more than $54 billion a year.
- By 2022, Hispanic spending in the region could top $80 billion – more than 25% of spending in the region.
- More than 53% of Hispanics in the region own their own home.
- The Hispanic community represents 1/4th of the region’s residential market.
- Hispanics are two times more likely to start a business than other demographic groups.
- Hispanics represent 25% of all auto sales in the region.
- Hispanic-owned small businesses represent more than 42% of the small businesses owned in the region.
- 27% of Hispanics in Houston own some kind of an investment.
- The number of Hispanic entrepreneurs in the region outnumbers all other demographic groups 2 to 1.
Date:WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2022
Houston Economic Outlook
Jesse Thompson, Senior Business Economist
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
9:00 AM–10:00 AM
Data – Hispanics in Houston
Dr. Jim Granato – Dean & Professor
Hobby School of Public Affairs
University of Houston
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Elected Officials/VIP Reception
11:00AM – 12:00PM
Location:Intercontinental Houston-Medical Center 6750 Main St.
Houston, TX 77030
Become a Sponsor Buy Tickets
2022 Data Summit Sponsors
Interested in Being a Sponsor?
For Corporate Sponsorships please call our office at (713) 644-7070 to set up a time to discuss establishing a mutually beneficial partnership with HHCC.