About This Initiative
The Hispanic Impact Summit is presented by the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, US Army, and Wells Fargo. In-depth analysis of the Hispanic community in the Houston area and its impact on our local economy will be presented.
- Dr. Jeronimo Cortina, Associate Director & Associate Professor, Center for Mexican American Studies - University of Houston - Hispanics in Corporate Boards
- Lopez Negrete Communications - Economic Impact of Latinos in Houston
- Pablo Pinto, Director of the Center for Public Policy, Hobby School of Pubic Affairs, University of Houston - Hispanic Impact Summit “The State of Hispanics in Houston”
- Legislative Priorities - HHCC's Legislative Priorities for 2018
- NAFTA White Paper - NAFTA
- DACA White Paper - The Economic Impact of DACA
- Telemundo Presentation - 2017 Hispanic Impact Summmit Data
- Perryman Group Report - DACA Decision Report
- Forbes Magazine - Harvey Houston Article
- Houston Hispanics currently spend more than $54 billion a year.
- By 2022, Hispanic spending in the region could top $80 billion – more than 25% of spending in the region.
- More than 53% of Hispanics in the region own their own home.
- The Hispanic community represents 1/4th of the region’s residential market.
- Hispanics are two times more likely to start a business than other demographic groups.
- Hispanics represent 25% of all auto sales in the region.
- Hispanic-owned small businesses represent more than 42% of the small businesses owned in the region.
- 27% of Hispanics in Houston own some kind of an investment.
- The number of Hispanic entrepreneurs in the region outnumbers all other demographic groups 2 to 1.
Time:05:00 pm - 07:00 pm
Location:University of Houston- Downtown One N Main St.
Houston, TX 77002
Registration closed Become a Sponsor
2019 Impact Summit Sponsors
Interested in Being a Sponsor?
For Corporate Sponsorships please call our office at (713) 644-7070 to set up a time to discuss establishing a mutually beneficial partnership with HHCC.